Commerzbank to shed more than 5,000 jobs -source
FRANKFURT, June 18
FRANKFURT, June 18 (Reuters) - German lender Commerzbank will shed more than 5,000 jobs as part of its cost cutting programme, a person familiar with the negotiations told Reuters on Tuesday.
Commerzbank management has reached a preliminary agreement with labour unions regarding the implementation of the cuts, two sources said.
Commerzbank declined to comment. (Reporting by Alexander Huebner; Editing by Alexander Ratz)
- Hong Kong protesters march after fruitless talks with government
- Special Report: Traffickers use abductions, prison ships to feed Asian slave trade
- NOAA employee charged with stealing U.S. dam information
- Sweden gets two new sightings, as hunt for undersea intruder goes on
- U.S. to funnel travelers from Ebola-hit region through five airports