US STOCKS SNAPSHOT-Wall St extends gains; Dow up more than 1 pct
NEW YORK, June 18
NEW YORK, June 18 (Reuters) - U.S. stocks extended gains on Tuesday with the Dow up more than 1 percent, as investors took an optimistic view that the Federal Reserve will temper recent statements pointing to the future reduction of U.S. monetary support.
The Dow Jones industrial average was up 147.16 points, or 0.97 percent, at 15,327.01. The Standard & Poor's 500 Index was up 13.82 points, or 0.84 percent, at 1,652.86. The Nasdaq Composite Index was up 33.01 points, or 0.96 percent, at 3,485.14.
- Malaysia air force chief denies saying lost plane tracked to west |
- Malaysia military source says missing jet veered to west |
- Toddler found with heroin at New Jersey daycare center
- Ukraine appeals to the West as Crimea turns to Russia |
- UPDATE 1-Missing Malaysian plane last seen at Strait of Malacca-source