US STOCKS SNAPSHOT - Wall St edges up at open ahead of Fed meeting
NEW YORK, June 18
NEW YORK, June 18 (Reuters) - U.S. stocks edged higher at the open on Tuesday ahead of the start of a highly-anticipated Federal Reserve meeting.
The Dow Jones industrial average gained 30.25 points, or 0.20 percent, to 15,210.10. The Standard & Poor's 500 Index added 2.11 points, or 0.13 percent, to 1,641.15. The Nasdaq Composite Index rose 6.50 points, or 0.19 percent, to 3,458.63.
- Divided, Scots prepare to vote on fate of the United Kingdom |
- IPhone emerges from 'bygone era', reviewers hail bigger handset
- Fed renews zero rate pledge, but hints at steeper rate hike path |
- Apple to unveil new iPads, operating system on Oct. 21: report
- Boeing, SpaceX win contracts to build 'space taxis' for NASA