US STOCKS SNAPSHOT - Wall St edges up at open ahead of Fed meeting
NEW YORK, June 18
NEW YORK, June 18 (Reuters) - U.S. stocks edged higher at the open on Tuesday ahead of the start of a highly-anticipated Federal Reserve meeting.
The Dow Jones industrial average gained 30.25 points, or 0.20 percent, to 15,210.10. The Standard & Poor's 500 Index added 2.11 points, or 0.13 percent, to 1,641.15. The Nasdaq Composite Index rose 6.50 points, or 0.19 percent, to 3,458.63.
- White House reverses, says Obama met uncle and lived with him during law school
- South Africans, some fearful, wake to life without Mandela |
- U.S. television, Twitter, alive with new version of 'Sound of Music'
- RPT-UPDATE 1-Ford leans on global Mustang to burnish overseas image
- Ford leans on global Mustang to burnish overseas image