STXNEWS LATAM-Brazil raw steel output slides in Jan-May period -IABr
Production of raw steel in Brazil fell 3.1 percent in the first five months of 2013 to 14.142 million tonnes, based on preliminary data, the nation's largest group representing steelmakers said on Tuesday.
Production of rolled steel was little changed, rising 0.1 percent to 10.68 million tonnes, the Rio de Janeiro-based Instituto Aço Brasil, or IABr, said in a report. Flat steel output rose 0.2 percent to 6.11 million tonnes.
In May alone, raw steel production rose 5.5 percent to 3.01 million tonnes from a year earlier, while rolled steel increased 3.8 percent to 2.3 million tonnes.
- Search for Malaysian plane may extend to Indian Ocean: U.S. |
- Search for Malaysian plane may extend to Indian Ocean - U.S |
- Tire blows out on passenger jet taking off at Philadelphia airport
- Russia blocks internet sites of Putin critics
- Russia holds war games near Ukraine; Merkel warns of catastrophe |