Adidas aims for 2013 soccer sales to match previous year
HERZOGENAURACH, Germany (Reuters) - - Sportswear company Adidas is aiming to maintain soccer sales at around 1.7 billion euros ($2.3 billion) in 2013 despite the absence of a major international tournament this year, CEO Herbert Hainer told a news conference on Tuesday.
Adidas said earlier that it expected sales from its soccer division to reach 2 billion euros next year when Brazil hosts the World Cup.
($1 = 0.7492 euros)
(Writing by Keith Weir, 44 20 7542 8022)
- Anger mounts after bodies found trapped inside sunken South Korean ferry |
- Vice-principal of South Korea school in ferry disaster commits suicide |
- Special Report: How the U.S. made its Putin problem worse
- Search resumes after Everest's worst climbing tragedy
- All 338 Korean students, teachers rescued from sinking ferry - school official