Adidas aims for 2013 soccer sales to match previous year
HERZOGENAURACH, Germany (Reuters) - - Sportswear company Adidas is aiming to maintain soccer sales at around 1.7 billion euros ($2.3 billion) in 2013 despite the absence of a major international tournament this year, CEO Herbert Hainer told a news conference on Tuesday.
Adidas said earlier that it expected sales from its soccer division to reach 2 billion euros next year when Brazil hosts the World Cup.
($1 = 0.7492 euros)
(Writing by Keith Weir, 44 20 7542 8022)
- Alabama man gets $1,000 in police settlement, his lawyers get $459,000
- Probe: Athletes took fake classes at University of North Carolina
- Canada PM vows crackdown after capital shocked by fatal attacks |
- Man arrested after jumping White House fence, causing lockdown
- U.S.-led air strikes killed 521 fighters, 32 civilians in Syria: monitor