Quake shakes Peru's capital of Lima
LIMA (Reuters) - A moderate earthquake shook buildings in Peru's capital on Tuesday but there were no reported injuries or damage, Reuters witnesses and safety officials said.
Peru's geological survey recorded a 5.6 magnitude quake, while the USGS said it measured 4.6 and was centered on the floor of the Pacific Ocean about 35 kilometers (21 miles) west of Lima.
- Sierra Leone declares emergency as Ebola death toll hits 729 |
- Israel, Palestinian militant groups begin 3-day Gaza truce |
- Disappointment, uncertainty after India blocks WTO trade deal
- S&P500 index posts worst fall since April; indexes down for July
- Tesla expects to boost 2015 output to more than 60,000