RPT-Poland wins shareholder backing for higher KGHM dividend
LUBIN, Poland, June 19 (Reuters) - Poland, under pressure to keep a lid on the budget deficit, won shareholder backing on Wednesday for a 1.9 billion zlotys ($597 million)dividend payout from Europe's No.2 copper producer KGHM, a fifth more than the miner proposed.
Two-thirds of the shareholders at the annual meeting voted to back the proposal from the Treasury Ministry, which oversees state assets and holds a controlling 32-percent stake in the company.
- U.S. war veteran released by North Korea returns home |
- South Korea to make announcement on air zone; expansion is anticipated
- Ukraine opposition seeks million-strong rally in Kiev
- Pennsylvania newlyweds "just wanted to murder someone together:" police
- Obama defends interim Iran deal, seeks to assure Israel