Stratasys to buy consumer 3D printer maker for $403 mln
June 19 (Reuters) - Industrial 3D printer maker Stratasys Ltd will buy privately held consumer printer maker MakerBot in a stock deal valued currently at about $403 million to expand its product portfolio.
Stratasys will initially issue about 4.76 million shares in exchange for the outstanding capital stock of MakerBot, the companies said in a statement.
MakerBot stakeholders will also qualify for performance-based earn-outs that provide for the issue of up to an additional 2.38 million shares through the end of 2014.
Stratasys shares rose 1 percent in after-market trading. They closed at $84.60 on the Nasdaq on Wednesday.
- Housing, jobs data weaken, but overall economic picture still upbeat
- U.S. diplomats, but not prosecutors, seek to quell India dispute |
- Target cyber breach hits 40 million payment cards at holiday peak |
- New York Mayor-elect's reputation for lateness parodied on Twitter
- Last-minute Obamacare exemption for those with canceled plans