Petrobras, China's Sinopec in talks to develop refinery project
SAO PAULO, June 19
SAO PAULO, June 19 (Reuters) - Petróleo Brasileiro SA , Brazil's state-run oil company, and China Petroleum and Chemical Corp are in talks to build a refinery compound in the South American country, according to a securities filing on Wednesday.
Petrobras, as the Brazilian company is known, said in the filing that the non-binding accord with Sinopec - as China Petroleum is known - allows both companies to study the feasibility of the project in the northeastern state of Maranhão. The talks could lead to the creation of a joint venture, the filing added.
- Three dead, two wounded in Pasadena, California shootings
- Israeli commandos clash with Hamas gunmen in Gaza raid |
- Teen survivor of Texas shootings says slain family members 'in much better place'
- Rape and murder of 13-year-old spark debate in junta-ruled Thailand
- Israeli commandos clash with Hamas gunmen in Gaza raid