Tropical Storm Barry forms in the southern Gulf of Mexico -NHC
June 19 (Reuters) - Tropical Storm Barry, the second tropical storm of the Atlantic Hurricane season, formed in the southern Gulf of Mexico, the U.S. National Hurricane Center said on Wednesday.
The storm was located about 75 miles (115 kms) east-northeast of Veracruz, Mexico, packing maximum sustained winds of 40 miles per hour (65 km/h), the NHC said. (Reporting by NR Sethuraman in Bangalore; Editing by Gerald E. McCormick)
- Malaysia Airlines plane crashes in South China Sea with 239 people aboard: report |
- UPDATE 4-Malaysia Airlines plane crashes in South China Sea with 239 people aboard - report
- China draws red line' on North Korea, says won't allow war on peninsula
- No signal picked up from missing Malaysia Airlines plane-Vietnam official
- Malaysian plane crashed off Vietnam coast: state media