VimpelCom drops bid to acquire Canada's Wind Mobile
June 19 (Reuters) - VimpelCom Ltd has withdrawn its bid to acquire control of upstart Canadian wireless company Wind Mobile, a majority-owned affiliate of the company said on Wednesday.
Orascom Telecom, an Egyptian company that initially bankrolled Wind Mobile's operations in Canada and was later bought by Vimpelcom, said it withdrew the bid after a review process and discussions with the Canadian government.
- Sierra Leone's chief Ebola doctor contracts the virus
- Exclusive: Ukraine rebel commander acknowledges fighters had BUK missile
- Gaza bloodshed deepens as airlines shun Israel |
- TransAsia Airways plane crashes in typhoon-hit Taiwan, killing 47 |
- South Korea ferry fugitive hid behind cabin wall, bags of cash at hand