China's mobile subscribers up 0.9 pct at 1.17 bln in May
HONG KONG, June 20 (Reuters) - China, the world's largest mobile phone market by subscribers, posted a 0.9 percent monthly increase in the number of mobile subscribers to 1.17 billion in May, data from the country's three telecommunications operators showed. Following is the breakdown of mobile subscriber statistics for May provided by the three carriers: China Mobile China Unicom China Telecom Mobile subscribers (including 3G): -cumulative no. of users 735.18 258.36 172.24 -net addition 4.61 3.74 2.05 -m/m growth (pct) 0.63 1.47 1.20 3G subscribers: -cumulative no. of users 129.40 95.90 84.24 -net addition 9.37 4.00 3.10 -m/m growth (pct) 7.81 4.36 3.82 Note: All numbers are in millions, otherwise stated. (Source: Companies, Reuters calculation) (Reporting by Christina Lo; Editing by Anne Marie Roantree)
- Four dead in apparent Connecticut murder-suicide
- South Korea expands air defense zone to partially overlap China's |
- Singer Susan Boyle reveals she has Asperger's syndrome: paper
- Protesters fell Lenin statue, tell Ukraine's president 'you're next'
- Dynasty's Congress party punished in Indian state elections