CORRECTED-Sprint raises its offer for Clearwire to $5/share
(Corrects date to June 20)
NEW YORK, June 20 (Reuters) - Sprint Nextel Corp raised its buyout offer for Clearwire Corp to $5 per share on Thursday, trumping a $4.40 per share offer from Dish Network Corp.
Clearwire said it changed its recommendation in favor of the Sprint offer after the price increase and postponed a June 24 shareholder vote until July 8.
Sprint, already Clearwire's majority shareholder, raised its bid just a few days before shareholders in the smaller wireless company were due to vote on its previous $3.40 per share offer. (Reporting by Sinead Carew; Editing by Gerald E. McCormick)
- Police hunt for motive as search for Malaysian jet spans hemispheres |
- Malaysian PM says lost airliner was diverted deliberately |
- Democrats seek ways to limit Obamacare fallout after Florida defeat
- Police make third arrest in murder of Colorado socialite
- Exclusive: Radar data suggests missing Malaysia plane deliberately flown way off course - sources