Sony to consider Third Point's proposal -Sony CEO Hirai
TOKYO, June 20
TOKYO, June 20 (Reuters) - Sony Corp CEO Kazuo Hirai said on Thursday that the electronics firm's board will consider hedge fund Third Point's suggestion to spin-off the electronics company's profitable entertainment arm.
Hirai made the comments at an annual shareholders' meeting in Tokyo.
Hirai said it was important for Sony to revitalise its electronics division as well as to continue growth of its entertainment and financial businesses, which have steadily contributed profits to the overall group.
- Lost airliner was diverted deliberately: Malaysian PM |
- Exclusive: Radar data suggests missing Malaysia plane deliberately flown way off course - sources
- Malaysia PM says lost plane's movements indicate a deliberate act
- UPDATE 2-Satellite data shows missing Malaysia plane may have flown thousands of miles-source
- UPDATE 1-Rolls-Royce concurs with Malaysia on missing jet's engine data