Greek Democratic Left lawmaker says party should stay in government, shows split
ATHENS, June 21
ATHENS, June 21 (Reuters) - A lawmaker of the small Democratic Left party said on Friday his party should stay in the coalition government of Prime Minister Antonis Samaras, showing the Democratic Left is split over the question ahead of a key meeting later on Friday.
"We must stay in government," lawmaker Vassilis Oikonomou said on private television station Mega. "We should finish the effort we have started (by entering the government)," he added.
- Housing, jobs data weaken, but overall economic picture still upbeat
- Putin critic Khodorkovsky in Germany after pardon |
- Target cyber breach hits 40 million payment cards at holiday peak |
- Pizza outlet attacked as India, U.S. fail to cool diplomat row |
- New York Mayor-elect's reputation for lateness parodied on Twitter