RPT-Starbucks to raise U.S. cafe beverage prices by average of 1 pct
NEW YORK, June 21
NEW YORK, June 21 (Reuters) - Starbucks Corp will increase the price of some of its beverages in several of its U.S. cafes by as much as 10 cents, with the average purchase price rising by 1 percent, after the company analysed its pricing structure, a spokeswoman said on Friday.
The price hike in U.S. company-operated stores is effective June 25 and will mark the first price change in 18-24 months, depending on the market, Starbucks spokeswoman Lisa Passe said.
- U.S. Mega Millions lottery up to $400 million, 2nd-biggest ever
- Pope Francis named Time's Person of the Year |
- Uruguay becomes first country to legalize marijuana trade
- Thousands of South Africans line up to see Mandela lie in state |
- China bitcoin arbitrage ends as traders work around capital controls