RPT-Starbucks to raise U.S. cafe beverage prices by average of 1 pct
NEW YORK, June 21
NEW YORK, June 21 (Reuters) - Starbucks Corp will increase the price of some of its beverages in several of its U.S. cafes by as much as 10 cents, with the average purchase price rising by 1 percent, after the company analysed its pricing structure, a spokeswoman said on Friday.
The price hike in U.S. company-operated stores is effective June 25 and will mark the first price change in 18-24 months, depending on the market, Starbucks spokeswoman Lisa Passe said.
- Divided, Scots prepare to vote on fate of the United Kingdom |
- Australian PM says police raids follow threat of beheading
- Apple to unveil new iPads, operating system on Oct. 21: report
- IMF warns of risks from 'excessive' financial market bets
- Dollar soars to six-year peak on yen after Fed, Tokyo stocks cheer