Greek Democratic Left lawmaker says his party should leave government
ATHENS (Reuters) - A lawmaker of the small Democratic Left party said on Friday his party should leave the coalition government of Prime Minister Antonis Samaras after an internal row over the future of state broadcaster ERT.
"This is obvious (that they should leave)," lawmaker Yannis Panousis said on an internet broadcast of former state television ERT, whose shutdown sparked Greece's government crisis. "If there is rift and disagreement, then you withdraw them (ministers)," he added.
(Reporting by Harry Papachristou and Lefteris Papadimas)
- Alabama man gets $1,000 in police settlement, his lawyers get $459,000
- New York police officer critically wounded in hatchet attack |
- Doctor with Ebola in NY hospital, nurse declared virus-free
- Putin accuses United States of damaging world order
- Exclusive: Charred tanks in Ukraine point to Russian involvement