Military helicopter carrying nine crashes in Nicaragua lake
MANAGUA (Reuters) - A Nicaraguan military helicopter with nine soldiers aboard crashed into a lake northwest of the capital Managua on Thursday, the Army said, adding it had recovered one body.
The Russian-made MI-17 helicopter crashed while returning from a mission in the northwest of the country, but the cause was not immediately clear, Army spokesman Orlando Palacios said. Soldiers were searching the area.
- Children's corpses reveal desperate attempts to escape Korean ferry |
- Russia says it will respond if Ukraine interests attacked |
- Vote delayed on loan guarantee for World Trade Center developer
- Obama seeks to ease Asian allies' doubts during visit to Japan |
- Apple expands buybacks by $30 billion, OKs seven-for-one stock split