Military helicopter carrying nine crashes in Nicaragua lake
MANAGUA (Reuters) - A Nicaraguan military helicopter with nine soldiers aboard crashed into a lake northwest of the capital Managua on Thursday, the Army said, adding it had recovered one body.
The Russian-made MI-17 helicopter crashed while returning from a mission in the northwest of the country, but the cause was not immediately clear, Army spokesman Orlando Palacios said. Soldiers were searching the area.
- Gaza fighting abates as diplomatic tension flares |
- Hague court orders Russia to pay $50 billion in Yukos case
- Pushing locals aside, Russians take top rebel posts in east Ukraine
- Europe subdued, Russia shares tumble on new sanctions
- Fighting complicates Ukraine crash probe, U.S., EU prepare Russia sanctions |