Military helicopter carrying nine crashes in Nicaragua lake
MANAGUA (Reuters) - A Nicaraguan military helicopter with nine soldiers aboard crashed into a lake northwest of the capital Managua on Thursday, the Army said, adding it had recovered one body.
The Russian-made MI-17 helicopter crashed while returning from a mission in the northwest of the country, but the cause was not immediately clear, Army spokesman Orlando Palacios said. Soldiers were searching the area.
- Ukraine accuses Russia of "undisguised aggression" as rebels advance |
- Disruptive Hong Kong protests loom after China rules out democracy |
- Syrian army, rebels fight on Golan where peacekeepers held |
- European investors look past Ukraine, focus on ECB
- Judge temporarily blocks law that could close all Louisiana abortion clinics