Military helicopter carrying nine crashes in Nicaragua lake
MANAGUA (Reuters) - A Nicaraguan military helicopter with nine soldiers aboard crashed into a lake northwest of the capital Managua on Thursday, the Army said, adding it had recovered one body.
The Russian-made MI-17 helicopter crashed while returning from a mission in the northwest of the country, but the cause was not immediately clear, Army spokesman Orlando Palacios said. Soldiers were searching the area.
- Poroshenko to seek ceasefire after 'very tough' talks with Putin |
- WHO shuts Sierra Leone lab after worker infected with Ebola
- 'Men in green' raise suspicions of east Ukrainian villagers
- Gaza ceasefire holding as focus turns to longer term |
- Libyan raids could herald bolder Arab action as U.S. wavers