Military helicopter carrying nine crashes in Nicaragua lake
MANAGUA (Reuters) - A Nicaraguan military helicopter with nine soldiers aboard crashed into a lake northwest of the capital Managua on Thursday, the Army said, adding it had recovered one body.
The Russian-made MI-17 helicopter crashed while returning from a mission in the northwest of the country, but the cause was not immediately clear, Army spokesman Orlando Palacios said. Soldiers were searching the area.
- Anger mounts after bodies found trapped inside sunken South Korean ferry |
- Vice-principal of South Korea school in ferry disaster commits suicide |
- Special Report: How the U.S. made its Putin problem worse
- Search resumes after Everest's worst climbing tragedy
- All 338 Korean students, teachers rescued from sinking ferry - school official