CF Industries shuts nitrogen plant in Canada due to floods
June 23 (Reuters) - CF Industries Holdings Inc said on Sunday it had shutdown Canada's largest nitrogen fertilizer complex in Alberta as a precautionary measure on Friday before floods hit the region.
"We are in contact with our customers and will let them know when we expect to resume production and deliveries from this facility," said Tony Will, CF Industries Senior Vice President of Manufacturing and Distribution.
The floods, passing through Medicine Hat, where the plant is located, have closed key transit arteries and displaced more than 100,000 people.
- Missing jet may have strayed toward Andaman Sea: Malaysian air force |
- Malaysia military source says missing jet veered to west |
- Toddler found with heroin at New Jersey daycare center
- Ukraine appeals to the West as Crimea turns to Russia |
- Special Report: How China's official bank card is used to smuggle money |