CF Industries shuts nitrogen plant in Canada due to floods
June 23 (Reuters) - CF Industries Holdings Inc said on Sunday it had shutdown Canada's largest nitrogen fertilizer complex in Alberta as a precautionary measure on Friday before floods hit the region.
"We are in contact with our customers and will let them know when we expect to resume production and deliveries from this facility," said Tony Will, CF Industries Senior Vice President of Manufacturing and Distribution.
The floods, passing through Medicine Hat, where the plant is located, have closed key transit arteries and displaced more than 100,000 people.
- Target stores' customers hit by major credit card attack
- UPDATE 3-Saab wins Brazil jet deal after NSA spying sours Boeing bid
- Facebook, Zuckerberg, banks must face IPO lawsuit: judge
- U.S. prosecutor defends treatment of Indian diplomat |
- Fed cuts bond buying in first step away from historic stimulus |