German business sentiment rises slightly in June
BERLIN, June 24
BERLIN, June 24 (Reuters) - German business morale edged up for a second straight month in June in a sign that Europe's largest economy is slowly recovering after a contraction in late 2012 and a subdued start to 2013.
The Munich-based Ifo think tank said on Monday its business climate index, based on a monthly survey of some 7,000 firms, climbed to 105.9 in June from 105.7 in May, bang in line with the consensus forecast in a Reuters poll of 40 economists.
- Pennsylvania newlyweds "just wanted to murder someone together:" police
- U.S. war veteran released by North Korea returns home |
- WTO overcomes last minute hitch to reach its first global trade deal
- Ice storm causes blackouts, delays in Texas, Arkansas
- China's parliament: Japan has "no right to criticize" air defense zone