German business sentiment rises slightly in June
BERLIN, June 24
BERLIN, June 24 (Reuters) - German business morale edged up for a second straight month in June in a sign that Europe's largest economy is slowly recovering after a contraction in late 2012 and a subdued start to 2013.
The Munich-based Ifo think tank said on Monday its business climate index, based on a monthly survey of some 7,000 firms, climbed to 105.9 in June from 105.7 in May, bang in line with the consensus forecast in a Reuters poll of 40 economists.
- Up to 18 exposed to U.S. Ebola patient, including children |
- First Ebola case diagnosed in the United States: CDC |
- Turkey vows to fight Islamic State, coalition strikes near border |
- Israel's Netanyahu tells Obama that Iran can't be allowed to reach nuclear arms 'threshold'
- Hong Kong leader plays waiting game, protesters demand he resigns |