U.S. justices block generic drug design defect lawsuits
WASHINGTON, June 24
WASHINGTON, June 24 (Reuters) - The U.S. Supreme Court ruled on Monday that makers of generic drugs already approved by the U.S. Food and Drug Administration cannot be held liable under state law for claims of design defects.
In a 5-4 vote, the court ruled for Mutual Pharmaceutical Co, a unit of URL Pharma, owned by Sun Pharmaceutical Industries .
- Search planes find no sign of missing airliner at spot located by China |
- Missing jet may have strayed to west, Malaysia military says |
- Malaysia failing credibility test as flight confusion deepens
- White House tried to mediate dispute between Senate, CIA panel: source
- Vietnam search fruitless at site where China satellite detected suspected plane debris - witness