AkzoNobel to sell 72 paint shops in Germany
AMSTERDAM, June 26
AMSTERDAM, June 26 (Reuters) - Dutch paints and chemicals group AkzoNobel NV said on Wednesday it plans to sell its 72 decorative paints stores for professionals in Germany to independent wholesale distributors to improve efficiency.
"The new set-up will allow AkzoNobel to select the most efficient distribution channels for its professional paint products, rather than operating its own stores," the company said in a statement, adding that it wants to enter into strategic partnership agreements with the future shop owners.
No financial details were given. (Reporting by Sara Webb; Editing by Mark Potter)
- Google bus blocked in San Francisco gentrification protest
- North Korea's 'reign of terror' worries South's leader
- Tearful Thai PM urges protesters to take part in election
- Chinese hackers spied on Europeans before G20 meeting: researcher
- Putin dissolves state news agency, tightens grip on Russia media