Brazil inflation under control, finances in order -Mantega
BRASILIA, June 26
BRASILIA, June 26 (Reuters) - Inflation in Brazil is under control and the government is committed to maintaining fiscal responsibility, Finance Minister Guido Mantega said on Wednesday.
Mantega told lawmakers at a congressional hearing that the government will achieve a primary budget surplus of 2.3 percent of gross domestic product this year.
"Public finances are under control," said Mantega, who on Tuesday received the public backing of President Dilma Rousseff amid speculation he was on his way out.
- Mexican train derails, stranding 1,300 migrants headed toward U.S.
- Israeli strikes kill more Palestinians; rocket causes huge blaze in Israel |
- Four servicemen, five miners killed in eastern Ukraine |
- Man charged with killing six members of same Texas family |
- Taliban sympathizer posts pictures of smiling Bowe Bergdahl