OMV says Nabucco West not selected for Azeri gas pipeline
VIENNA, June 26
VIENNA, June 26 (Reuters) - Nabucco West, the OMV-led consortium that was bidding to build a pipeline to bring Azeri gas to Europe, has not been selected by the gas field's operators, it said on Wednesday.
Nabucco West, which had been a decade in the planning, was competing with the Trans Adriatic Pipeline, a project of Statoil , AXPO and E.ON Ruhrgas.
"The Nabucco West project was not selected by the consortium," OMV said in a statement.
"OMV intends to play a role in further securing and diversifying the gas supply to Europe and will assess alternatives to complement the existing supply routes."
- Exclusive: Malaysia plane probe narrows on mid-air disintegration - source
- Radar showed missing plane may have turned back: Malaysia military
- Missing Malaysian jet may have disintegrated in mid-air: source |
- Malaysian plane presumed crashed; questions over false IDs |
- Merkel raps Putin as Russian forces tighten grip on Crimea |