US STOCKS SNAPSHOT-Wall St extends gains; Dow, S&P up 1 pct
NEW YORK, June 26
NEW YORK, June 26 (Reuters) - U.S. stocks extended their gains on Wednesday, with the Dow and S&P 500 rising 1 percent as concerns eased that the U.S. Federal Reserve would soon rein in its stimulus program.
The Dow Jones industrial average was up 136.58 points, or 0.93 percent, at 14,896.89. The Standard & Poor's 500 Index was up 14.83 points, or 0.93 percent, at 1,602.86. The Nasdaq Composite Index was up 28.34 points, or 0.85 percent, at 3,376.22.
- Malaysia military source says missing jet veered to west |
- Ukraine appeals to West as Crimea turns to Russia |
- Malaysia air probe finds scant evidence of attack: sources |
- UPDATE 1-Missing Malaysian plane last seen at Strait of Malacca-source
- Libyan parliament sacks PM after tanker escapes rebel-held port