S&P raises Southampton, N.Y.'s GO rating to AA-plus
June 26 (Reuters) - Standard & Poor's Ratings Services on Wednesday raised the town of Southampton, N.Y.'s general obligation rating debt to AA-plus from AA. The outlook is stable.
The upgrade reflects the town's structural and technical reforms that have stabilized its finances, and increased revenues to its non-general fund operating funds, the rating agency said in a statement.
S&P also cited the affluent, stable local economy, and the low debt burden as reasons for the upgrade.
- Police hunt for motive as search for Malaysian jet spans hemispheres |
- Crimeans vote on union with Russia as Moscow pours in troops |
- Malaysian PM says lost airliner was diverted deliberately |
- Democrats seek ways to limit Obamacare fallout after Florida defeat
- Indian Ocean poses daunting challenge in search for missing Malaysia plane