S&P raises Southampton, N.Y.'s GO rating to AA-plus
June 26 (Reuters) - Standard & Poor's Ratings Services on Wednesday raised the town of Southampton, N.Y.'s general obligation rating debt to AA-plus from AA. The outlook is stable.
The upgrade reflects the town's structural and technical reforms that have stabilized its finances, and increased revenues to its non-general fund operating funds, the rating agency said in a statement.
S&P also cited the affluent, stable local economy, and the low debt burden as reasons for the upgrade.
- Housing, jobs data weaken, but overall economic picture still upbeat
- Target cyber breach hits 40 million payment cards at holiday peak |
- UPDATE 3-Saab wins Brazil jet deal after NSA spying sours Boeing bid
- 'Duck Dynasty' anti-gay fallout sparks debate on religion, tolerance
- Zuckerberg to sell Facebook shares worth about $2.3 billion |