Australia to swear in Rudd as PM, Bowen as Treasurer
CANBERRA (Reuters) - Kevin Rudd will be sworn in as Australian prime minister at 9.30 a.m. on Thursday (2330 GMT Wednesday), with Chris Bowen to be sworn in as treasurer, the office of Governor-General Quentin Bryce said on Thursday.
Rudd toppled Julia Gillard on Wednesday, taking back the top job with an election due within three months and with the party's poll standing in the doldrums.
- Confusion as search for Malaysian jet spreads across SE Asia |
- Malaysia military source says missing jet veered to west |
- Toddler found with heroin at New Jersey daycare center
- Special Report: How China's official bank card is used to smuggle money |
- UPDATE 1-Missing Malaysian plane last seen at Strait of Malacca-source