Australia to swear in Rudd as PM, Bowen as Treasurer
CANBERRA (Reuters) - Kevin Rudd will be sworn in as Australian prime minister at 9.30 a.m. on Thursday (2330 GMT Wednesday), with Chris Bowen to be sworn in as treasurer, the office of Governor-General Quentin Bryce said on Thursday.
Rudd toppled Julia Gillard on Wednesday, taking back the top job with an election due within three months and with the party's poll standing in the doldrums.
- Japan PM makes offering to Yasukuni Shrine, angers China, South Korea
- South Korea's Park says conduct of ferry crew tantamount to murder |
- Cyclone threatens to disrupt search for missing Malaysian plane |
- Putin playing the long game over Russian kin in Ukraine
- Asian stocks subdued on Ukraine caution, dollar firms vs yen