Australia to swear in Rudd as PM, Bowen as Treasurer
CANBERRA (Reuters) - Kevin Rudd will be sworn in as Australian prime minister at 9.30 a.m. on Thursday (2330 GMT Wednesday), with Chris Bowen to be sworn in as treasurer, the office of Governor-General Quentin Bryce said on Thursday.
Rudd toppled Julia Gillard on Wednesday, taking back the top job with an election due within three months and with the party's poll standing in the doldrums.
- Ukraine forces kill up to five rebels, Russia starts drill near border |
- Boy and girl on Korean ferry drowned with life jackets tied together |
- Rebellious Nevada rancher's racist remarks dim Republican support
- Apple's China success sets stage for iPhone 6, new products
- Children's corpses reveal desperate attempts to escape Korean ferry |