California gay marriage foes to seek continued ban
SAN FRANCISCO (Reuters) - Defenders of California's gay marriage ban, known as Proposition 8, said on Wednesday that they would seek continued enforcement of the ban until a statewide order is issued.
The statement from Andrew Pugno, general counsel for ProtectMarriage.com, came after the U.S. Supreme Court issued a ruling that restores a lower court order which had struck down Proposition 8. Pugno said the Supreme Court did "not directly resolve questions about the scope" of that lower court order.
(Reporting by Dan Levine; Editing by Vicki Allen)
- Exclusive: Secret contract tied NSA and security industry pioneer |
- U.S. aircraft hit by gunfire in South Sudan as conflict worsens
- Four men arrested in deadly N.J. shopping mall carjacking
- With Fed out of the way, what's next on Wall Street?
- Analysis: Lost Brazil order raises threat to Boeing fighter jets