Accenture revenue misses estimates on lower consulting income
June 27 (Reuters) - Outsourcing and consulting services provider Accenture Plc reported lower-than-expected quarterly revenue as consulting income dropped 2 percent.
Accenture shares were down 4 percent in extended trading.
Net income rose to $874.1 million, or $1.21 per share, in the third quarter, from $762.8 million, or $1.03 per share, a year earlier.
Excluding items, the company earned $1.14 per share.
Net revenue rose 0.6 percent to $7.2 billion.
Analysts on average had expected earnings of $1.13 per share on revenue of $7.42 billion, according to Thomson Reuters I/B/E/S.
Consulting net revenue was $3.9 billion.
Shares closed at $80.22 on the New York Stock Exchange on Thursday.
- Target stores' customers hit by major credit card attack
- UPDATE 3-Saab wins Brazil jet deal after NSA spying sours Boeing bid
- As Modi storms into India's election, a quiet alternative emerges
- Facebook, Zuckerberg, banks must face IPO lawsuit: judge
- U.S. prosecutor defends treatment of Indian diplomat |