Argentina April primary budget surplus rises to 1.45 bln pesos
BUENOS AIRES, June 27
BUENOS AIRES, June 27 (Reuters) - Argentina posted a primary budget surplus of 1.45 billion pesos ($270 million) in April , expanding about 37 percent from the 1.06 billion peso surplus from a year earlier, the government said on Thursday.
The primary budget balance shows government finances before debts are paid. Argentina has been virtually shut out of global credit markets since a 2002 default, and it uses the central bank's international reserves to repay private creditors.
- White House reverses, says Obama met uncle and lived with him during law school
- Flights delayed as air pollution hits record in Shanghai
- South Africa mourns Mandela, will bury him on December 15 |
- RPT-UPDATE 1-Ford leans on global Mustang to burnish overseas image
- Analysis: Boeing bidders dangle goodies to win 777X jetliner