Canada regulator approves BCE's Astral bid with conditions
OTTAWA, June 27
OTTAWA, June 27 (Reuters) - Canada's broadcast regulator approved BCE Inc's modified bid for Astral Media Inc on Thursday, allowing the telecom company to acquire more of the content it distributes to television, computer and mobile screens.
The regulator said the approval comes with a number of conditions needed to uphold the public interest, but requires no further asset sales.
- Man called Bitcoin's father denies ties, leads LA car chase
- Apple loses bid for U.S. ban on Samsung smartphone sales
- Putin rebuffs Obama as Ukraine crisis escalates |
- Florida mayor fights backyard gun ranges in 'Gunshine State'
- UPDATE 6-Obama warns on Crimea, orders sanctions over Russian moves in Ukraine