Bankia sells 12.1 pct stake in IAG at 256p/share
MADRID, June 27
MADRID, June 27 (Reuters) - Spanish bank Bankia has sold a stake of 12.1 percent in International Airlines Group at 256 pence/share (3.01 euros/share), bookrunners Bankia Bolsa and Merrill Lynch said on Thursday, a discount of 3 percent on Wednesday's closing share price.
Shares were sold to institutional investors tor raise money for the nationalised bank, which is attempting to recover from the impact of a burst housing bubble. IAG owns British Airways and loss-making Spanish airline Iberia.
- Police hunt for motive as search for Malaysian jet spans hemispheres |
- Crimeans vote over 90 percent to quit Ukraine for Russia |
- Ukraine, Russia agree Crimea truce until March 21-Ukraine minister
- 'Good night': Haunting final contact from missing Malaysian jet |
- Malaysian PM says lost airliner was diverted deliberately |