Empire posts 17 pct higher profit, raises dividend
June 27 (Reuters) - Empire Co Ltd reported a 17 percent jump in profit, helped by higher sales at its Sobeys grocery chain, and raised its quarterly dividend.
Net income rose to C$107.4 million ($102.56 million), or C$1.58 per share, from C$92.1 million, or C$1.35 per share, a year earlier.
Total sales rose to C$4.31 billion from C$4.07 billion a year earlier. Sales at Sobeys rose 5.8 percent to C$4.26 billion.
The company raised its quarterly dividend by 8.3 percent to 26 Canadian cents Per share.
- Malaysia air probe finds scant evidence of attack: sources |
- Search widened as Malaysia air probe finds scant evidence of attack |
- Confrontation in Ukraine as diplomacy stalls |
- Exclusive: Chinese raw materials also found on U.S. B-1 bomber, F-16 jets
- Freescale loss in Malaysia tragedy leads to travel policy questions