BlackBerry reports quarterly loss, shares plunge
TORONTO, June 28
TORONTO, June 28 (Reuters) - BlackBerry reported a fiscal first quarter loss on Friday and forecast a loss in the current quarter, sending its shares plunging 18 percent before the market opened.
The smartphone maker reported a net loss of $84 million, or 16 cents a share, in the quarter to June 1. That compared with a year earlier loss of $518 million or 99 cents a share.
- Atheists face death in 13 countries, global discrimination: study
- Missouri executes man for killing good Samaritan motorist in 1994
- Mandela signer hits back: I'm sign language champion |
- Focus turns to Thai military, anti-government protesters tell them to pick sides |
- Google executives' planes saved millions in costs due to error - NASA