BlackBerry reports quarterly loss, shares plunge
TORONTO, June 28
TORONTO, June 28 (Reuters) - BlackBerry reported a fiscal first quarter loss on Friday and forecast a loss in the current quarter, sending its shares plunging 18 percent before the market opened.
The smartphone maker reported a net loss of $84 million, or 16 cents a share, in the quarter to June 1. That compared with a year earlier loss of $518 million or 99 cents a share.
- IBM launches Watson system for research, hopes for breakthroughs
- Separatists say will allow 'trapped' Ukrainian forces to withdraw |
- California passes 'yes-means-yes' campus sexual assault bill
- In town halls, U.S. lawmakers hear voter anger over illegal migrants |
- U.N. says 43 Golan peacekeepers seized by Syria militants, 81 trapped