Nikkei rises as Fed stimulus concern eases
TOKYO, June 28 (Reuters) - Japan's Nikkei share average extended its gains into a second day on Friday, helped by buying on Wall Street on optimism that the Federal Reserve will not rapidly rein in its stimulus measures. The Nikkei rose 1.2 percent to 13,371.55, while the Topix gained 1.3 percent to 1,113.28.
- Protesters fell Lenin statue, tell Ukraine's president 'you're next'
- Four dead in apparent Connecticut murder-suicide
- South Korea expands air defense zone to partially overlap China's |
- Singer Susan Boyle reveals she has Asperger's syndrome: paper
- Winter storm pushes up U.S. East Coast after deep-freeze in the South