Mandela showing 'great improvement', ex-wife Winnie says
JOHANNESBURG (Reuters) - Former South African President Nelson Mandela is showing a "great improvement" in his health compared to a few days ago, his ex-wife, Winnie Madikizela-Mandela, said on Friday.
"I'm not a doctor but I can say that from what he was a few days ago there is great improvement," she told reporters outside Mandela's former home in the Johannesburg township of Soweto.
- Ukraine accuses Russia of "undisguised aggression" as rebels advance |
- U.S. forces carry out operation against al-Shabaab in Somalia
- Disruptive Hong Kong protests loom after China rules out democracy |
- Syrian army, rebels fight on Golan where peacekeepers held |
- NATO to create new 'spearhead' force to respond to crises