Obamas to meet Mandela family, but not visit hospital- White House
PRETORIA, June 29
PRETORIA, June 29 (Reuters) - U.S. President Barack Obama and First Lady Michelle Obama will meet on Saturday with members of the family of South Africa's anti-apartheid hero Nelson Mandela who is critically ill in hospital, the White House said.
"Out of deference to Nelson Mandela's peace and comfort and the family's wishes, they will not be visiting the hospital," the White House added in a statement.
- Flights delayed as air pollution hits record in Shanghai
- White House reverses, says Obama met uncle and lived with him during law school
- South Africa mourns Mandela, will bury him on December 15 |
- French launch Central African Republic mission but deaths mount
- Supreme Court to decide on patent protections for software