Obamas to meet Mandela family, but not visit hospital- White House
PRETORIA, June 29
PRETORIA, June 29 (Reuters) - U.S. President Barack Obama and First Lady Michelle Obama will meet on Saturday with members of the family of South Africa's anti-apartheid hero Nelson Mandela who is critically ill in hospital, the White House said.
"Out of deference to Nelson Mandela's peace and comfort and the family's wishes, they will not be visiting the hospital," the White House added in a statement.
- Alabama man gets $1,000 in police settlement, his lawyers get $459,000
- Man arrested after jumping White House fence, causing lockdown
- Probe: Athletes took fake classes at University of North Carolina
- Attack on parliament, killing of soldier stun Canada's capital |
- A Minute With: Shailene Woodley on teen sex, violence and Marvel