Nokia to buy Siemens' stake in NSN for 1.7 bln euros
HELSINKI, July 1
HELSINKI, July 1 (Reuters) - Finnish mobile phone company Nokia said on Monday it has agreed to buy Siemens AG's stake in their joint venture Nokia Siemens Networks (NSN) for 1.7 billion euros ($2.2 billion).
While Nokia has been struggling to compete against Apple and Samsung in smartphones, the network gear maker NSN has been posting profits in the past few quarters.
- Moscow fights back after sanctions; battle rages near Ukraine crash site |
- U.S. man sues soccer star Cristiano Ronaldo over CR7 trademark
- Gaza toll soars as Israel 'days' from completing tunnel hunt
- Obama to Republicans: ‘Stop just hatin’ all the time’
- Argentina braces for market reaction to second default in 12 years