Nokia to buy Siemens' stake in NSN for 1.7 bln euros
HELSINKI, July 1
HELSINKI, July 1 (Reuters) - Finnish mobile phone company Nokia said on Monday it has agreed to buy Siemens AG's stake in their joint venture Nokia Siemens Networks (NSN) for 1.7 billion euros ($2.2 billion).
While Nokia has been struggling to compete against Apple and Samsung in smartphones, the network gear maker NSN has been posting profits in the past few quarters.
- Sierra Leone's chief Ebola doctor contracts the virus
- Gaza bloodshed deepens as airlines shun Israel |
- Exclusive: Ukraine rebel commander acknowledges fighters had BUK missile
- TransAsia Airways plane crashes in typhoon-hit Taiwan, killing 47 |
- South Korea ferry fugitive hid behind cabin wall, bags of cash at hand