Kohlberg to take Steinway Musical private in $438 mln deal
July 1 (Reuters) - Steinway Musical Instruments Inc said it would be acquired by private equity firm Kohlberg & Co in a deal valued about $438 million.
The 160-year-old manufacturer of pianos, saxophones and trumpets said Kohlberg offered $35 per share in cash, a premium of 15 percent to Steinway's Friday close of $30.43.
- Missing jet may have strayed toward Andaman Sea: Malaysian air force |
- NYC buildings explosion kills two, more missing
- Malaysia military source says missing jet veered to west |
- EU moves towards travel bans, asset freezes for Russians |
- Exclusive: EU approves framework for asset freezes, travel bans on Russia