Investor Diller penalized for Coke securities buy -U.S. Justice
WASHINGTON, July 2
WASHINGTON, July 2 (Reuters) - The U.S. Justice Department said on Tuesday it had reached a proposed settlement with Barry Diller related to allegations that the investor violated antitrust notification requirements when he acquired voting securities of Coca-Cola Co.
Diller will pay a $480,000 civil penalty for the alleged violation, the Justice Department said in a statement announcing the settlement's filing in federal court.
Diller is chairman of media conglomerate IAC/InterActivecorp . (Reporting by David Ingram; Editing by Gerald E. McCormick)
- Protesters fell Lenin statue, tell Ukraine's president 'you're next'
- Four dead in apparent Connecticut murder-suicide
- South Korea expands air defense zone to partially overlap China's |
- Singer Susan Boyle reveals she has Asperger's syndrome: paper
- Winter storm pushes up U.S. East Coast after deep-freeze in the South