Market Chatter-Corporate finance press digest
July 2 (Reuters) - The following corporate finance-related stories were reported by media on Tuesday:
* The British government is set to name Rothschild to advise on a potential break-up of Royal Bank of Scotland, the Financial Times reported on Monday.
* The Spanish government expects to sell nationalised lender NCG Banco before the end of the year, a source from the country's bank restructuring fund FROB said on Monday.
* Onyx Pharmaceuticals Inc, whose cancer drugs promise a strong revenue stream, is attracting preliminary buyout interest from several large pharmaceutical companies such as Pfizer Inc and Novartis AG, two people familiar with the matter said on Monday.
* Three private equity firms have submitted bids to acquire France's leading funeral services firm OGF, sources familiar with the matter said on Monday.
- Malaysia military tracked missing plane to west coast: source |
- Malaysia air probe finds scant evidence of attack: sources |
- Ukraine forms new defense force, seeks Western help |
- UPDATE 1-Missing Malaysian plane last seen at Strait of Malacca-source
- Freescale loss in Malaysia tragedy leads to travel policy questions