Market Chatter-Corporate finance press digest
July 2 (Reuters) - The following corporate finance-related stories were reported by media on Tuesday:
* The British government is set to name Rothschild to advise on a potential break-up of Royal Bank of Scotland, the Financial Times reported on Monday.
* The Spanish government expects to sell nationalised lender NCG Banco before the end of the year, a source from the country's bank restructuring fund FROB said on Monday.
* Onyx Pharmaceuticals Inc, whose cancer drugs promise a strong revenue stream, is attracting preliminary buyout interest from several large pharmaceutical companies such as Pfizer Inc and Novartis AG, two people familiar with the matter said on Monday.
* Three private equity firms have submitted bids to acquire France's leading funeral services firm OGF, sources familiar with the matter said on Monday.
- WTO overcomes last minute hitch to reach its first global trade deal
- Colorado baker discriminated by denying gay couple wedding cake: judge
- U.S. freeze shows no sign of weekend melt after deadly storm
- Flights delayed as air pollution hits record in Shanghai
- North Korea frees U.S. Korean War veteran after seven weeks |