Market Chatter-Corporate finance press digest
July 2 (Reuters) - The following corporate finance-related stories were reported by media on Tuesday:
* The British government is set to name Rothschild to advise on a potential break-up of Royal Bank of Scotland, the Financial Times reported on Monday.
* The Spanish government expects to sell nationalised lender NCG Banco before the end of the year, a source from the country's bank restructuring fund FROB said on Monday.
* Onyx Pharmaceuticals Inc, whose cancer drugs promise a strong revenue stream, is attracting preliminary buyout interest from several large pharmaceutical companies such as Pfizer Inc and Novartis AG, two people familiar with the matter said on Monday.
* Three private equity firms have submitted bids to acquire France's leading funeral services firm OGF, sources familiar with the matter said on Monday.
- Islamic State threat 'beyond anything we've seen': Pentagon
- Oklahoma City policeman arrested for raping women while on patrol
- U.S. says Russia must pull convoy from Ukraine or face more sanctions |
- Gaza gunmen execute 'collaborators'; mortar kills Israeli boy |
- Exclusive: Apple iPhone 6 screen snag leaves supply chain scrambling |