Egypt's foreign minister tenders resignation: state news agency
CAIRO (Reuters) - Egyptian Foreign Minister Mohamed Kamel Amr has tendered his resignation, the state news agency MENA reported early on Tuesday, after millions of Egyptians rallied against President Mohamed Mursi.
The report did not elaborate or say where it got the information. At least five other ministers have resigned since Sunday's mass protests.
(Writing by Alexander Dziadosz; editing by Christopher Wilson)
- Islamic State threat 'beyond anything we've seen': Pentagon
- British Muslims blame jihadi subculture after beheading video |
- Israeli air strike kills three Hamas commanders in Gaza |
- U.S. aid workers who survived Ebola leave Atlanta hospital |
- National Guard to withdraw from riot-torn Ferguson, Missouri |