Snowden sought Austrian asylum: Austria
VIENNA (Reuters) - Former U.S. spy agency contractor Edward Snowden applied for political asylum in Austria via the country's Moscow embassy on Monday but would need to submit such a request directly in Austria, Interior Minister Johanna Mikl-Leitner said on Tuesday.
The Austria Press Agency quoted her as saying Snowden would not be deported if he arrived in Austria because "there is no international arrest warrant".
(This story refiles to remove erroneous RIC)
- Malaysian PM says lost airliner was diverted deliberately |
- Malaysia PM says lost plane's movements indicate a deliberate act
- Exclusive: Radar data suggests missing Malaysia plane deliberately flown way off course - sources
- UPDATE 2-Satellite data shows missing Malaysia plane may have flown thousands of miles-source
- UPDATE 1-Rolls-Royce concurs with Malaysia on missing jet's engine data