Chesapeake to sell $1 billion assets to Exco Resources
July 3 (Reuters) - Chesapeake Energy Corp said it would sell oil and gas assets in the Eagle Ford and Haynesville shales to a unit of Exco Resources Inc for about $1 billion.
"Today's announcement brings our year-to-date asset sales signed or closed to approximately $3.6 billion," Chesapeake Chief Executive Doug Lawler said in a statement.
The Eagle Ford shale is located in Texas, while Haynesville spans Texas, Arkansas and Louisiana.
- Missing jet may have strayed toward Andaman Sea: Malaysian air force |
- Malaysia military source says missing jet veered to west |
- Toddler found with heroin at New Jersey daycare center
- Special Report: How China's official bank card is used to smuggle money |
- Ukraine appeals to the West as Crimea turns to Russia |