Chesapeake to sell $1 billion assets to Exco Resources
July 3 (Reuters) - Chesapeake Energy Corp said it would sell oil and gas assets in the Eagle Ford and Haynesville shales to a unit of Exco Resources Inc for about $1 billion.
"Today's announcement brings our year-to-date asset sales signed or closed to approximately $3.6 billion," Chesapeake Chief Executive Doug Lawler said in a statement.
The Eagle Ford shale is located in Texas, while Haynesville spans Texas, Arkansas and Louisiana.
- Obama makes rare campaign trail appearance, people leave early
- Two arrested in death of Saudi student in California: report
- Hong Kong crisis deepens after weekend clashes, talks set for Tuesday |
- U.S. military says air-drops weapons for Kurdish fighters near Kobani
- Japan stocks see biggest gain this year, lead sharp Asia rebound